College of Education webpage
Centers and Institutes
- Ackerman Center for Democratic Citizenship
James F. Ackerman Center for Democratic Citizenship strives to be a national leader in preparing new generations of American citizens. The focus is to provide programs, institutes, activities and resources for educators to implement more powerful citizenship programs and opportunities that result in active student involvement in schools and communities.
- Center for Literacy Education and Research(CLEAR), developed from the former Purdue Literacy Network Project (PLNP), involves a comprehensive and wide-ranging collaboration with schools and is working to develop a research agenda with affiliated faculty who are interested in scholarly pursuits such as evaluating methods, documenting effectiveness, and exploring the processes involved in literacy learning, development, and instruction.
- Center for Research & Engagement in Science & Mathematics Education
Center for Research & Engagement in Science & Mathematics Education (CRESME), co-directed by faculty from the Colleges of Education and Science, focuses on improving science and mathematics education for students from preschool to college. The result is a powerful combination of skills for discovering distinctive ways to improve science and mathematics education.
- Gifted Education Resource Institute
The Gifted Education Resource Institute (GERI) works to further the development of gifts and talents in individuals throughout the lifespan. GERI conducts research on the psychology of talent development, trains professionals from all nations of the world to promote the development of individuals who have gifts and talents, and provides services to talented individuals and their families.
- Purdue Counseling and Guidance Center
The Counseling and Guidance Center is the counseling service and training facility for the College of Education on the Purdue University campus. Our services are available to University students and staff, to high school students, and to adults in the community at large.
- Purdue Center for Serious Games and Learning in Virtual Environments
The center's mission is to provide support for implementing, designing and developing serious games and virtual environments for learning; to encourage collaboration across Purdue and with K-12 schools; and, to establish a foundation for securing funding and conducting research at Purdue on the use of serious games and virtual learning environments in education. [Facebook]
- Technology Resources Center
The Technology Resources Center (TRC) is a multifaceted initiative of the College of Education. It encompasses several functions which together create a focal point through which faculty, students, and staff can explore, discover, and use technology in teaching and learning.