Learning Design & TechnologyCurriculum and Instruction
Dr. Hruskocy has been involved with the education profession for over 30 years serving in various roles including teacher, professional development coordinator, instructional designer, master degree program coordinator, assessment lead, curriculum coach, and faculty chair. Her instructional design experience includes both corporate and higher education settings. Dr. Hruskocy’s teaching experience includes 10 years at the elementary school level and 20 years in higher education, both undergraduate and graduate levels, online and traditional. Her research interests include infusion of technology and international curriculum development where she is currently working with primary education in Liberia. Dr. Hruskocy currently holds the role of Director of Learning Design in the higher education sector.
- Ph.D. — Curriculum and Instruction, Educational Technology and Instructional Design, Purdue University (1999)
- M.S. — Curriculum and Instruction, Instructional Design, Purdue University (1993)
- B.A. — Elementary Education, Purdue University (1983)
- Director of Learning Design, Higher Education
- Instructional Design Consultant
- Associate Director, Inclusive Pedagogy
Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusive Excellence, Regis Univeristy
Curriculum Studies and Instructional Design, Regis University
- Curriculum Consultant
A New Dimension of Hope, Liberia
- Curriculum Lead and Course Developer
Jesuit Commons: Higher Education at the Margins
3D Technology in the K-12 Environment, Boulder Valley School District
- Doctoral Mentor
- International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE)
- Western Cooperative for Educational Telecommunications (WCET)
- American Association for Teaching and Curriculum (AATC)
- Hruskocy, C. (2019) Global Partnerships case in Ertmer, P. A., Quinn, J. A., & Glazewski, K. (Eds.). (5th edition). ID CaseBook: Case studies in instructional design. Routledge, New York, NY.
- Woodrow, K. & Hruskocy, C. (2018 January). From classroom space to cyberspace: Exploring virtual work time in traditional courses. Presentation accepted for the Annual Hawaii International Conference on Education (HICE). Honolulu, HI.
- Hruskocy, C. & Cordova, K. (2017, October). Reaching Students at the Margins: Curricular and Instructional Considerations for Refugee Students in Africa. Presentation at the Annual Conference of the American Association for Teaching and Curriculum (AATC). Denver, CO.
- Humphrey, P., Woodrow, K., Hruskocy, C., & Baldwin, E. (2015, March). Creating a new online standards-based elementary education program: A collaborative effort between School of Education leadership, faculty, and instructional designers. Paper presented at The Annual Meeting of Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education (SITE), Las Vegas, NV.
- Humphrey, P., Giacomini, J., Hruskocy, C., & Baldwin, E. (2014, March). Creating On-line Course Shells for Teacher Education Courses: Strategies and Methods for Success. 2014 Conference Proceedings for Society for Information Technology and Teacher Education (SITE). Jacksonville, FL.
- Hruskocy, C. & Foster. S. (2013, June). Exploring Stereoscopic 3D Technology in Teaching and Learning. 2013 Conference Proceedings of the World Conference on Educational Media and Technology. Victoria, BC.