Learning Design & TechnologyCurriculum and Instruction
Dr. Mong is currently Educational Technology Lead for the School of Dentistry at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. His research interests include technology integration in the higher ed classroom, educational redesign within higher ed, problem-based learning, and gamification of learning.
- Ph.D. — Learning Design and Technology, Purdue University (2013)
- M.S.Ed. — Educational Technology, Purdue University (2006)
- B.A. — English Education, Purdue University (2003)
- 2019 – present
Educational Technology Lead
School of Dentistry
University of Michigan
- 2018 – 2019
Sr. Instructional Designer
Academic Technology Services
- 2017 – 2018
- 2015 – 2017
Educational Technology Consultant
- 2014 – 2015
Program Coordinator and Assistant Professor of Learning Systems Technology
University of Arkansas at Little Rock
- 2013 – 2014
- Hoelscher, D. C., Barragato, A.K., & Mong, C. J. (2021). A community of practice to support faculty innovation in online teaching and learning. Journal of Dental Education. https://doi.org/10.1002/jdd.12560
- Ruggiero, D. & Mong, C. J. (2015). The teacher technology integration experience: Practice and reflection in the classroom. Journal of Information Technology Education, 14, 161-178.
- Mong, C. J. & Ertmer, P. A. (2013). Addressing STEM education needs: The case for adopting a PBL approach. Educational Technology, 53(3), 12-21.
- Watson, W. R., Mong, C. J., & Harris, C. A. (2011). A case study of the in-class use of a video game for teaching high school history. Computers & Education, 56, 466-474.