Learning Design & TechnologyCurriculum and Instruction
Dr. Mong is a Sr. Instructional Designer with Roosevelt University in Chicago. His research interests include technology integration in the higher ed classroom, educational redesign within higher ed, problem-based learning, and gamification of learning.
- Ph.D. — Learning Design and Technology, Purdue University (2013)
- M.S.Ed. — Educational Technology, Purdue University (2006)
- B.A. — English Education, Purdue University (2003)
- 2018 – present
Sr. Instructional Designer
Academic Technology Services
- 2017 – 2018
- 2015 – 2017
Educational Technology Consultant
- 2014 – 2015
Program Coordinator and Assistant Professor of Learning Systems Technology
University of Arkansas at Little Rock
- 2013 – 2014
- Ruggiero, D. & Mong, C. J. (2015). The teacher technology integration experience: Practice and reflection in the classroom. Journal of Information Technology Education, 14, 161-178.
- Mong, C. J. & Ertmer, P. A. (2013). Addressing STEM education needs: The case for adopting a PBL approach. Educational Technology, 53(3), 12-21.
- Watson, W. R., Mong, C. J., & Harris, C. A. (2011). A case study of the in-class use of a video game for teaching high school history. Computers & Education, 56, 466-474.