Work Steven C. Beering Hall of Liberal Arts and Education 100 N. University Street West Lafayette Indiana 47907-2098 BRNG 5176work
Work Phone: (765) 494-0086work
Work Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgINTERNET
David C. Stanley, Jr.
Director Purdue Counseling and Guidance Center, Assistant Professor
Counseling PsychologyEducational Studies
- Ph.D. — Counseling Psychology, University of Georgia (2020)
- M.Ed. — Professional Counseling (Community), University of Georgia (2015)
- B.A. — Psychology, Morehouse College (2010)
- 2021 – present
Department of Educational Studies
College of Education
- 2020 – 2021
Counseling and Psychiatric Services (CAPS)
University of Georgia
- 2019 – 2020
Pre-doctoral Psychology Intern
Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS)
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
My research is focused on mentoring, resilience in underrepresented groups, and strategies to establish healthy communication. More broadly my research interests include qualitative methodologies, racial/ethnic minority mental health and multicultural issues (diversity, equity, inclusion, social justice and advocacy).
I am currently accepting new graduate students for Fall 2022. Feel welcome to contact me about your interests, or apply directly.
- Delgado-Romero, E. A., Stanley Jr., D. C., & Oh, J. (2017). A content analysis of the Journal of Latina/o Psychology 2013-2016. Journal of Latina/o Psychology, 5(1), 5-11.
- EDPS 59100 — History and Systems of Psychology
- EDPS 62400 — Advanced Counseling Practicum and Supervision Theory