Work Email: email@example.comINTERNET
Clinical Assistant Professor Special EducationEducational Studies
Erica McClure is a professor of Special Education with previous experience as a classroom teacher, district behavior coach, and instructional coach in (sub)urban school districts. She is currently working on multiple research studies primarily focused on identifying methods to increase teacher implementation of evidence-based practices to support students with disabilities and address disparities in disciplinary practices in schools.
- Ph.D. — Special Education/Applied Behavior Analysis, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY (2022 Anticipated completion)
- M.A. — Special Education/High School English, Bellarmine University, Louisville, KY (2008)
- B.F.A. — Theatre Performance, University of Louisville (2005)
- 2022 – present
Clinical Assistant Professor
- 3/2018 – 6/2019
Jefferson County Public Schools
- 1/2016 – 3/2018
Behavior/Special Education Consultant
Bullitt County Public Schools
- 8/2013 – 12/2016
Special Education Department Chair/Teacher
Bullitt County Public Schools
- 8/2007 – 7/2013
Special Education Classroom Teacher
Oldham County Public Schools
- Teacher of the Year Award (2008, 2012)
Buckner Alternative High School
Bullitt County Public Schools, Buckner, KY
+ Professional Appointments
- Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi
- KY Association for Behavior Analysis (KYABA Awards Committee)
- Association for Behavior Analysis International
- Council for Exceptional Children (CEC)
- Division for Emotional and Behavioral Health
- Division for Research
- Teacher Educators
+ Research and Publications
Research interests include collaboration with school systems to conduct both large- and small-scale studies examining methods of practitioner training (e.g., application of evidence-based practices) and implementation of support systems (e.g., multi-tiered systems of support, positive behavior supports), and conduction of single case research studies identifying functional relations between specific behavior analytic interventions and the rates or duration of challenging behaviors.
- McClure, E. B., & Burt, J. L. (accepted for publication). Functional Communication Training: A comprehensive approach to success for educators. Beyond Behavior.
Manuscripts Under Review/In Preparation
- McClure, E. B., Pennington, R. C., & Bewley, S. C. (submitted). Evaluating the evidence-base supporting writing instruction strategies for students with autism spectrum disorder: A systematic review of experimental research. Focus on Autism and Developmental Disorders.
- McClure, E. B., Landrum, T. J., & Page, D. (2022). Disparities in discipline: Regression analysis of the influence of sociodemographics and school level on students’ risk of suspension. Manuscript in preparation.
- McClure, E. B. (2022). A Review of the Current Research Base Supporting Specific Interventions for Students with Disabilities who Engage in Inappropriate Sexual Behaviors. Manuscript in preparation.
- Whitney, T., Cooper, J. T., McClure, E. B., & Dubuque, E. (2022). Prompting Teacher Praise Using Covert Tactile Stimulation. Manuscript in preparation.
+ Courses Typically Taught
- EDPS 36201 — Positive Behavior Supports
- EDPS 30900 — Systematic Instruction