Learning Design & TechnologyCurriculum and Instruction
Dr. Besser is currently is an Assistant Professor & Program Coordinator for the M.Ed. in Educational Technology at the University of South Carolina Aiken. Her research interests include the intersection of collaborative instruction and mobile learning, instructional feedback, digital badges, and technology integration within teacher education. Currently she is exploring research surrounding instructional feedback in online settings. As well as, how digital badges can support educational technology and instructional design skills and knowledge.
- Ph.D. — Learning Design and Technology, Purdue University (2016)
- M.A. — Educational Technology, Azusa Pacific University (2008)
- B.A. — Liberal Studies, California State University, Sacramento (2004)
- California Multiple Subject Teaching Credential (2004-present)
- 2016 – Present
Assistant Professor and Program Coordinator of Educational Technology
University of South Carolina Aiken
- Elementary school teacher
- American Educational Research Association (AERA)
- Association for Educational Communications and Technology (AECT)
- Besser, E.D. & Newby, T.J. (2019). Exploring the role of feedback and its impact within a digital badge system from student perspectives. Tech Trends, 1-11. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11528-019-00386-2
- Koehler-Blair, A.A., Besser, E.D., & Richardson, J.C. (2019). 13 Amelia Kelly, Sara Brody & Andrea Huffman: Designing a Military Thinktank Workshop. In The ID CaseBook: Case Studies in Instructional Design. 131-146.
- Besser, E.D, (2018). Digital Badges and the K-12 Classroom: A Guide for Teachers. South Carolina Association of Teacher Educators. https://sites.google.com/converse.edu/scate/journal/current-tejsc?authuser=0