Work Lilly Hall of Life Sciences 915 W. State Street West Lafayette Indiana 47907-2054 LILY 3-223work Work Phone: (765) 494-6897work Work Email: email@example.comINTERNET Website: Curriculum Vitae
Hui Hui Wang
Associate Professor Agricultural Sciences Education and Communication, CATALYSTCurriculum and Instruction
- Ph.D. — Curriculum and Instruction in Science Education, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN (2012)
- M.A. — Environmental Education, Southern Oregon University, Ashland, OR (2005)
- Teaching Leadership Award Fellow (2019)
- Scholarship of Engagement Fellows Program (2018)
- PK-12 Outreach and Engagement for Emerging Faculty Impact Award (2018)
- Purdue Cooperative Extension Specialists’ Association (PUCESA) Leadership Scholarship Award (2016)
- Revere award (Pre K-12 Learning), Magazine, Feature article, National Science Teacher Association (2015)
+ Research and Publications
Dr. Hui-Hui Wang’s research focus on STEM integration through Agriculture, Food and Nature Resources (AFNR). STEM integration through AFNR is ensure that STEM knowledge is taught as an AFNR interdisciplinary approach, by using authentic teaching strategies, such as inquiry-based and project-based instruction. Her current research project focuses on K-12 teacher education and cognitive bases of STEM learning (e.g. STEM reasoning), and building a sustainable integrated STEM through AFNR teaching and learning model.
- Wang, H. H. (In-press). Examining patterns in teacher-student classroom conversation during STEM lessons. Journal of STEM Education Research.
- Wang, H. H., Furrer, M., Orick, J., & Mitchell, K. (2019). Motivating master gardeners to teach STEM and agricultural concepts to youth. North American Colleges and Teachers of Agriculture Journal, 63, 225-230.
- Scherer, H. H., McKim, A. J., Wang, H. H., DiBenedetto, C. A., & Robinson, K. (2019). Making sense of the buzz: Providing a taxonomy of “STEM” in agriculture, food, and natural resources education. Journal of Agricultural Education, 60(2), 28-53. https://doi.org/10.5032/jae.2019.02028
- Wang, H. H., & Knobloch, N. A. (2018). Levels of STEM integration through Agriculture, Food, and Natural Resources, Journal of Agricultural Education, 59(3), 258-277.
- Wang, H.H., Bhattacharya, D., Evans, E., & Jirik P. (2017). Designing with the Purpose of Scientific Investigation: Design and Conducting Scientific Experiment on Insect Pollinator Houses, Science Scope, 41(3), 41-49.
- Wang, H.H. & Billington B. (2016). Economically disadvantaged minority girls’ knowledge and perceptions of science and engineering and related careers. The Journal of Extension, 54 (6). https://archives.joe.org/joe/2016december/rb8.php
- Wang, H. H., & Nam, Y. (2015). Exploring the impact of a STEM integration teacher professional development program on secondary science and mathematics teachers’ perceptions of engineering and their attitude toward engineering integrated teaching. Journal of Korean Earth Science Society, 36(5), 484-499.
- Wang, H. H., Billington, B., & Chen, Y. C. (2014). STEM in a hair accessory. Science and Children, 52(3), 54-59.
- Chen, Y.C., Moore, T. J., & Wang, H. H. (2014). Construct, Critique, and Connect: Engineering as a vehicle to learn science. Science Scope, 38(3), 58-69.
- Guzey, S.S., Tank, K.M., Wang, H. H., Roehrig, G. H., & Moore, T. J. (2014). A high-quality professional development for teachers of grades 3-6 for implementing engineering into classrooms. School Science and Mathematics, 114(3), 139-149.
- Moore, T.J., Stohlmann, M.S., Wang, H. H., Tank, K.M., & Roehrig, G.H. (2014). Implementation and integration of engineering in K-12 STEM education. In S. Purzer, J. Strobel, & M.E. Cardella (Ed.) Engineering in pre-college settings: Synthesizing research, policy, and practices. Purdue University Press, Indiana: West Lafayette.
- Roehrig, G. H, Moore, T. J., Wang, H. H., & Park, M. S. (2012). Is adding the E enough? Investigating the impact of K-12 engineering standards on the implementation of STEM integration, Journal of School Science and Mathematics, 112 (1), 31-44.
- Wang, H. H., Moore, T., Roehrig, G., & Park Mi-sun. (2011). STEM integration: Teacher perception and practice. The Journal of Pre-College Engineering Education Research, 1(2), 1-13.
- Wang, H. H. & Carlson, S. (2011). Factors that influence student’s satisfaction in an environmental field day experience. The International Electronic Journal of Environmental Education, 1(2), 129-139.
- Wang, H. H. (2010). What do we know about science fair: research methods and human rights. UN/UGO Association of World Citizens in Taiwan. Available at: http://www.worldcitizens.org.tw/awc2010/ch/F/F_d_page.php?pid=12979
+ Courses Typically Taught
- ASEC 54500/EDCI 54600 — Teaching STEM through Agriculture, Food and Natural Resource
- ASEC 54000 — Program Development in Agriculture and Extension Education
- EDCI 55800 — Methods of Integrated STEM Education