Ji Hyun Yu
Learning Design & TechnologyCurriculum and Instruction
Dr. Yu is currently a Senior Learning Experience Designer for the School of Social Work at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. She has over 20 years of experiences in designing and teaching online and blended learning programs in a variety of educational settings, such as K-12, higher education, corporate training, and global online education. Her areas of research interests include learning experience design, open online education, learning analytics, and diversity, equity, inclusion and social justice in online education.
- Ph.D. — Learning Design and Technology, Purdue University (2013)
- M.A. — Educational Technology, Ewha Womans University (2003)
- B.A. — Education, Ewha Womans University (2000)
- 2018 – Present
Senior Learning Experience Designer
University of Michigan – Ann Arbor
- 2015 – 2018
University of Michigan – Dearborn
- 2014 – 2015
Visiting Assistant Professor
- 2003 – 2008
Senior Human Resources Development Consultant
- American Educational Research Association (AERA)
- Society for Learning Analytics Research (SOLAR)
- Online Learning Consortium (OLC)
- Nawaz, S., Srivastava, N., Yu, J. H., Khan, A. A., Kennedy, G., Bailey, J., & Baker, R. S. (2021). How difficult is the task for you? Modelling and analysis of students’ task difficulty sequences in a simulation-based POE environment. International Journal of Artificial Intelligence in Education, 1-30.
- Yu, J. H., & Watson, S. L. (2020). Identifying subtypes of attitudinal learning among MOOCs learners: a latent profile analysis. Open Learning: The Journal of Open, Distance and e-Learning, 1-20.
- Watson, S. L., Yu, J. H., Alamri, H., & Watson, W. R. (2020). Preservice teachers’ technology integration attitude change in a course implementing digital badges. Journal of Technology and Teacher Education, 28(1), 89-116.
- Watson, S. L., Watson, W. R., Yu, J. H., Alamri, H., & Mueller, C. (2017). Learner profiles of attitudinal learning in a MOOC: An explanatory sequential mixed methods study. Computers & Education, 114, 274-285.
- Park, Y., Yu, J. H., & Jo, I. H. (2016). Clustering blended learning courses by online behavior data: A case study in a Korean higher education institute. The Internet and Higher Education, 29, 1-11.