Learning Design & TechnologyCurriculum and Instruction
Judy Lewandowski serves as the Director of Learning Design and Curriculum at the University of Notre Dame. In this role, Judy leads a team of designers to work with faculty to create innovative courses, programs, and new modalities of learning. Prior to arriving at Notre Dame in 2018, Judy was a professor at Purdue University in the Learning Design and Technology graduate program. Judy has 20 years of experience in teaching and designing courses in higher education. She has held roles as a corporate instructional design consultant, faculty member at Indiana University, outreach coordinator for the Center for Research in Information Assurance and Security (CERIAS) at Purdue University, K-12 Educator, and as an evaluator for the Department of Education. Judy holds a Ph.D. from Purdue University in Learning Design and Technology. Dr. Lewandowski’s areas of interest relate to the practical application of learning design principles including: the scholarship of teaching and learning, the infusion of motivation theory, and the intentional application of systems thinking in the process of learning design.
- Ph.D. — Curriculum & Instruction: Learning Design and Technology, Purdue University (2002)
- M.S. — Curriculum & Instruction: Educational Technology, Purdue University (1999)
- B.A. — Education, Purdue University (1996)
- Director of Learning Design, Univeristy of Notre Dame
- Clinical Associate Faculty, Purdue University
- Tenured Faculty, Indiana University South Bend
- Instructional Design Consultant
- K-12 Educator (Licensed Indiana)
- External Program Evaluator
- Kuang, C. & Lewandowski, J. (2020). Your Mission Should You Choose To Accept It: How a Futuristic Narrative Framework Helped to Increase Math Discourse and Engagement in an Online Undergraduate Course. Online Learning Consortium. Orlando, FL.
- Lewandowski, J. (2019). Mastering The Matrix: Using Data, Empathy, And Creativity To Guide Course Re-Design. Online Learning Consortium. Orlando, FL.
- Lewandowski, J. (2018). Cultivating Community: Using Online Peer Feedback Groups to Foster Community and Collegiality. APT Conference, University of Greenwich, UK.
- Lewandowski, J. (2018). Intentionally Secure: Teaching Students to Become Responsible and Ethical Users. In A. Blackburn, I. Chen, & R. Pfeffer (Eds.), Emerging Trends in Cyber Ethics and Distance Learning. Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
- Lewandowski, J., vanBarneveld, A., & Ertmer, P. (2016). Posting with Intentionality in Online Instruction: Supporting Instructors’ Facilitation Efforts. EdTech Magazine, 55(6), 15-21.