Learning Design & TechnologyCurriculum and Instruction
Dr. Judy Lewandowski, Vice Provost for Adult Teaching and Learning, facilitates the success of the curriculum design and operations teams as they partner across Purdue Global to research, reimagine, and continuously improve our educational models. Prior to this position, Judy served as the Director of Learning Design and Curriculum at the University of Notre Dame and was a full-time professor at Purdue University in the Learning Design and Technology graduate program. Judy has 20 years of experience in teaching and designing courses in higher education. She has held roles as a corporate instructional design consultant, faculty member at Indiana University, outreach coordinator for the Center for Research in Information Assurance and Security (CERIAS) at Purdue University, K-12 Educator, and as an evaluator for the Department of Education. Judy holds a Ph.D. from Purdue University in Learning Design and Technology. Dr. Lewandowski’s areas of interest relate to the practical application of learning design principles including: the scholarship of teaching and learning, the infusion of motivation theory, and innovative approaches to adult teaching and learning.
- Ph.D. — Curriculum & Instruction: Learning Design and Technology, Purdue University (2002)
- M.S. — Curriculum & Instruction: Educational Technology, Purdue University (1999)
- B.A. — Education, Purdue University (1996)
- Vice Provost of Adult Teaching and Learning, Purdue University Global
- Director of Learning Design, University of Notre Dame
- Clinical Associate Faculty, Purdue University
- Tenured Faculty, Indiana University South Bend
- Instructional Design Consultant
- K-12 Educator (Licensed Indiana)
- External Program Evaluator
- Kuang, C. & Lewandowski, J. (2020). Your Mission Should You Choose To Accept It: How a Futuristic Narrative Framework Helped to Increase Math Discourse and Engagement in an Online Undergraduate Course. Online Learning Consortium. Orlando, FL.
- Lewandowski, J. (2019). Mastering The Matrix: Using Data, Empathy, And Creativity To Guide Course Re-Design. Online Learning Consortium. Orlando, FL.
- Lewandowski, J. (2018). Cultivating Community: Using Online Peer Feedback Groups to Foster Community and Collegiality. APT Conference, University of Greenwich, UK.
- Lewandowski, J. (2018). Intentionally Secure: Teaching Students to Become Responsible and Ethical Users. In A. Blackburn, I. Chen, & R. Pfeffer (Eds.), Emerging Trends in Cyber Ethics and Distance Learning. Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
- Lewandowski, J., vanBarneveld, A., & Ertmer, P. (2016). Posting with Intentionality in Online Instruction: Supporting Instructors’ Facilitation Efforts. EdTech Magazine, 55(6), 15-21.