Steven C. Beering Hall of
Liberal Arts and Education
100 N. University Street
Phone: (765) 494-7252work
Gifted EducationEducational Studies
I enjoy teaching undergraduate and graduate level educational psychology courses and conducting research in gifted education. I also supervise youth enrichment programs year-round as Associate Director of Purdue’s Gifted Education Resource Institute.
- M.S. — Education/School Counseling, Purdue University
- B.A. — English/Education, Purdue University
- 2016 – Present
Clinical Assistant Faculty, Associate Director of GERI, GCT Certificate Adviser
- 2014 – 2016
GERI Summer Residential Programs, Purdue University
- 2013 – 2016
Graduate Teaching Assistant
- John Feldhusen Doctoral Student Fellowship (2016-17)
- Cecelia Zissis Graduate Student Scholarship (2016-17)
- Recipient of the Indian Trails Career Cooperative School Counselor of the Year Award (2010)
- Recipient of the American School Counselor Association’s Recognized ASCA Model Program (RAMP) Award for Carroll Consolidated School Corporation’s K-12 school counseling program (2007)
- Recipient of Indiana’s Gold Star School Counseling Award for Carroll Consolidated School Corporation’s K-12 school counseling program (2006)
- Recipient of the Indiana Middle Level Education Association’s Regional School Counselor of the Year Award (1996)
Under-represented populations in agriculture and agricultural education; adult learning; qualitative and mixed methods studies.
- Gentry, M. & Seward, K. (in press). Gifted students from low socioeconomic backgrounds. In J. Roberts, & T. Inman, Introduction to Gifted Children. Waco, TX: Prufrock Press.
- Paul, K. A. & Seward, K. (2016). Place-based investment model of talent development: A proposed model for developing and reinvesting talents within the community. Journal of Advanced Academics, 27(4), 311-342. doi: 10.1177/1932202X16669546>
- >Pereira, N., Jen, E., Seward, K., Tay, J. (2016). University-based programs for gifted students. In F. Piske, T. Stoltz, S. Bahia, & J. Machado, Altas habilidades/superdotação (AH/SD) e criatividade: Identificação e atendimento [High ability/giftedness and creativity: Identification and programming. Curitiba, PR: Juruá Editora.
- Seward, K. & Gentry, M. (2015). Grouping and instructional management strategies for rural gifted students. In T. Stambaugh & S. M. Wood (Eds.). Serving gifted students in rural settings (pp. 111-135). Waco, TX: Prufrock Press.
- EDPS 54000 — Gifted, Creative, and Talented Children
- EDPS 54200 — Curriculum and Program Planning in Gifted Education
- EDPS 54500 — Social and Affective Development of Gifted Children
- EDPS 69500 — Practicum in Gifted Education