Special EducationEducational Studies
I have invested my career in improving educational outcomes for students with a chronic medical condition. In a relatively short period of time. I have become a national expert in my field, making distinct and nationally recognized advances toward transforming the educational landscape for students with a chronic condition through national presentations, publication, the development of teacher training and certification programming and innovative research. Due to vacancies in legislation relative to addressing the educational needs of these students, much of my work has focused on the examination of policies and legislation and advocacy for revised mandates to improve education in this area. Through this work, I have served in numerous national leadership roles, including President-Elect and Chairperson roles in professional organizations.
- Ed.D. — Special Education, University of Cincinnati (2012)
- M.Ed. — Special Education, University of Cincinnati (2009)
- B.S. — Secondary Education — English/Language Arts, University of Cincinnati (2007)
- K-12 Intervention Specialist, Mild to Moderate
- 7-12 Secondary Education/AYA, English/Language Arts