Steven C. Beering Hall of
Liberal Arts and Education
100 N. University Street
Visiting Associate Professor
School CounselingEducational Studies
Dr. Davis has had over 20 years of professional experience in teaching and school counseling in public schools. She has been a school counseling program director and involved in teaching and assessment within academia for 12 years. Her scholarship focuses on spirituality in elders, expressive arts, and creativity in counseling.
- Ph.D. — Union Institute and University
- M.S. — Long Island University
- B.S. — Indiana State University
- Degges-White, S., & Davis, N. L. (Eds.). (2010). Integrating Expressive Arts into Theory-Based Counseling. New York: Springer Publishing.
- Davis, N.L., & Voirin, J. (2016). Reciprocal Writing as a Creative Technique. Journal of Creativity in Mental Health.
- Davis, N. L., Diltz, J., & Kuzar, K. (2013) Spiritual Dimension of Care: A Case Study of Caregivers’ Practices with Elderly Women Religious (Sisters). Gerontologia Polska Journal.