Steven C. Beering Hall of
Liberal Arts and Education
100 N. University Street
Work Phone: (765) 494-9745work
Work Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgINTERNET
Clinical Assistant Professor
Counseling PsychologyEducational Studies
Dr. Ploskonka is a clinical faculty member for the Counseling Psychology Doctoral Program and is also a currently practicing licensed psychologist. As a faculty member, Dr. Ploskonka focuses on developing counseling psychology students’ ability to engage in both the art and science of psychological practice though a strengths-based approach, which focuses on highlighting students’ strengths while simultaneously refining their areas of growth. Dr. Ploskonka also serves as the Director of the Purdue Counseling and Guidance Center (PCGC) and is the Director of the Collaborative Leadership Certificate Program.
Within her clinical practice, Dr. Ploskonka has diverse clinical experiences across populations, modalities (e.g., individual, couples, family, group), and settings (e.g., university counseling centers, community mental health agencies). She also has experience working within numerous theoretical orientations (e.g., cognitive behavioral therapy, interpersonal process therapy); however, she most prefers to work within social constructivist and narrative frameworks. Diagnostically, she primarily works with individuals who have substance use issues, complex trauma, or chronic mental health concerns. Dr. Ploskonka has a passion for community mental health work with an emphasis on mental health access issues.
- Ph.D. — Counseling Psychology, Purdue University, West Lafayette, IN (2017)
- M.S. — Clinical Psychology, Loyola University Maryland, Baltimore, MD (2008)
- B.A. — Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD (2006)
- EDPS 50000 — Group Counseling Theories and Techniques
- EDPS 60100 — Counseling Theories and Techniques
- EDPS 61400 — Advanced Counseling Practicum
- EDPS 62400 — Off-Site Practicum and Supervision