Clinical Assistant Professor
Learning Design & TechnologyCurriculum and Instruction
Dr. Wanju Huang is a Clinical Assistant Professor of Learning Design and Technology at Purdue University. Prior to joining the LDT program, she was an instructional design manager at Teaching and Learning Technologies, Purdue Online, where she led a team of instructional designers and video producers for course design and development. She received her Ph.D. in Curriculum and Instruction (with a concentration in Technology) from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. For six years prior to joining Purdue in Fall 2016, she was a lecturer and an instructional designer at Eastern Kentucky University. She has taught a variety of undergraduate and graduate courses (e.g., learning theories and instructional design, educational applications of multimedia, statistics, critical thinking, and social intelligence) in face-to-face, blended, and online formats. Dr. Huang has published and presented research papers related to online learning and instructional design at national and international conferences. Her research interests include: technology for building online communities, online identities and communication, the educational use of augmented reality, and the effectiveness of faculty development programs.
- Ph.D. —Curriculum & Instruction, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- Instructional Design Manager, Teaching & Learning Technologies, Purdue University
- American Educational Research Association
- Association for Educational Communications and Technology
- International Visual Literacy Association
- Quality Matters Instructional Designers Association
- Huang, W., & O’Brien, S. (2017). Creating online presence: Weekly video feedback brings everyone together. In H. Blythe, C. Sweet, & R. Carpenter (Eds.), It works for me, creatively: Shared tips for the classroom. Stillwater, OK: New Forums Press.
- Gray, K. L., & Huang, W. J. (2015). More than addiction: Examining the role of anonymity, endless narrative, and socialization in prolonged gaming and instant messaging practices. Journal of Comparative Research in Anthropology and Sociology, 6(1). 133-147.
- Huang, W. J. (2015, March). Be visible in the invisible learning context: How can instructors humanize online learning. Paper presented at the 42nd Annual Federation of Business Disciplines, Association of Business Information Systems (ABIS) Conference, Houston, TX.
- Witz, K., Lee, H. J., & Huang, W. J. (2010). Consciousness in the study of human life and experience: “Higher aspects” and their nature. Qualitative Inquiry, 16(5), 397-409.
- EDCI 51300 — Foundations of Learning Design and Technology: An Introduction to the Field
- EDCI 56900 — Introduction to E-Learning
- EDCI 57200 — Learning Systems Design
- EDCI 57700 — Strategic Assessment and Evaluation
- EDCI 60002 — Demonstrating Professional Competencies in LDT (Learning Design and Technology)
- EDCI 67200 — Advanced Practices in Learning Systems Design