Learning Design & TechnologyCurriculum and Instruction
Dr. Milheim has worked nearly 30 years in higher education for several different universities including positions as an Instructional Designer, an Academic Administrator, and a tenured Professor. During this time, he published over 50 journal articles and book chapters and an edited book, while making over 100 presentations at regional, national, and international conferences. He has also served as the CEO of a graduate campus and the Director of an academic school where he supervised numerous undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Postdoctoral Fellow —Educational Psychology, Kent State University (1989)
- Ph.D. —Curriculum & Instruction (Educational Technology), Kent State University (1988)
- M.Ed. — Community Health Education, Kent State University (1983)
- B.A. — Psychology, College of Wooster (1976)
- 2005 – 2014
Penn State Harrisburg
- 1991 – 2005
Penn State Great Valley
- 1989 – 1991
- 1984 – 1989
Kent State University
- Harvey, D. M., Godshalk, V. M., & Milheim, W. D. (2001). Using cognitive flexibility hypertext to develop sexual harassment cases. Computers in the Schools, 18(1), 213-229.
- Milheim, W. D. (2001). Faculty and administrative strategies for the effective implementation of distance education. British Journal of Educational Technology, 32(5), 535-542.
- Milheim, W. D. (1997). Instructional design issues for electronic performance support systems. British Journal of Educational Technology, 28(2), 103-110.
- Milheim, W. D. (1995-96). Interactivity and computer-based instruction. Journal of Educational Technology Systems, 24(3), 225-233.
- Milheim, W. D. (Ed.) (1994). Authoring-systems software for computer-based training. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Educational Technology Publications, 187 p.
- EDCI 52800 — Human Performance Technology
- EDCI 53100 — Learning Theory and Instructional Design
- EDCI 57200 — Learning Systems Design
- EDCI 57300 — Learning Design and Technology Practicum
- EDCI 57500 — Foundations of Distance Education
- EDCI 57700 — Strategic Assessment and Evaluation
- EDCI 60002 — Demonstrating Professional Competencies in LDT
- EDCI 67200 — Advanced Practices in Learning Systems Design