Learning Design & TechnologyCurriculum and Instruction
WooRi Kim is an adjunct faculty in the Learning Design and Technology program in the College of Education at Purdue University. She is also working as Sr. People Analytics Consultant at Blue Cross Blue Shield. She received her Ph.D. degree in Learning Design and Technology from Purdue in 2015. She received her BA in Education and MA in Educational Technology at Yonsei University in South Korea. Her research focuses on online learning, technology integration, and measurement and evaluation in teaching and learning.
- Ph.D. —Curriculum and Instruction, Learning Design and Technology, Purdue University (2015)
- M.A. — Educational Technology, Graduate School of Yonsei University (2008)
- B.A. — Education, Yonsei University (2008)
- Sr. People Analytics Consultant at Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Lead Learning and Development Specialist at Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Sr. Learning and Development Specialist at Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Sr. Instructional Designer at Zebra Technologies
- Sr. Instructional Designer at AbbVie Pharmaceutical
- Instructional Developer/Adjunct Faculty at Purdue University
- Instructional Designer and Developer at The Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE)
- Researcher at Korea Institute for Curriculum and Evaluation (KICE)
- Researcher at Korean Educational Development Institute (KEDI)
- American Educational Research Association (AERA)
- Association for Educational Communications and Technology (AECT)
- Institute for Educational Research of Yonsei University
- The Korean Society for Educational Technology
- Buras, N., Merrild, L., & Kim, W. (2021). Enabling interactivity through design: Outcomes from a gamified health insurance onboarding course. The Journal of Applied Instructional Design, 10(2) Retrieved from https://edtechbooks.org/jaid_10_2/enabling_interactivi.
- Kim, W, Watson, W. R. & Watson, S. L. (2016). Student perceptions of learning in three MOOCs: A case study of attitudinal change instruction. Educational Media International. 53(3), 168-183.
- Watson, S. L., & Kim, W. (2016). Enrollment purposes, instructional activities, and perceptions of attitudinal learning in a human trafficking MOOC. Open Learning: The Journal of Open, Distance and e-Learning, 31(3), 273-287.
- Watson, W. R., Kim, W., & Watson, S. L. (2016). Learning outcomes of a MOOC designed for attitudinal change: A case study of an Animal Behavior and Welfare MOOC. Computers & Education, 96, 83-93.
- Lehman, J. D., Kim, W., & Harris, C. (2014). Collaborations in a community of practice working to integrate engineering design in elementary science education. Journal of STEM Education: Innovations and Research, 15(3), 38-45.
- Kim, M. C., Kozan, K., Kim, W., & Koehler, A. A. (2013). Technology integration: From implementation to dynamic scaffolding. In M. G. Moore (Ed), Handbook of distance education (3rd ed., pp. 299-315). New York, Routledge.