Learning Design & TechnologyCurriculum and Instruction
Dr. Yang’s research interests include online education quality, online teaching and learning effectiveness, e-learning, game-based learning/gamification, and instructional design leadership competencies. She has served as NSF grant reviewer and The Ohio State University Social and Behavior Science IRB Review Board.
Dr. Yang has tremendous experiences in learning design and program development, which resulted in over 40 publications and conference presentations. She has been teaching courses related to educational technology, learning design, and human performance technology since 2001.
- Ph.D. —Instructional Systems and Workforce Development, Mississippi State University (2006)
- M.A. — Technology and Learning, United States International University (2001)
- B.A. — Teaching English as a Second Language, Hunan Normal University (1994)
- Chair the doctoral of professional studies (DPS) in Instructional Design Leadership program
- Chair the masters of instructional design and learning technology program
- Association for Educational Communications and Technology (AECT)
- American Educational Research Association (AERA)
- e-Learning Guild
- Yang, Y. (2017). Using game-based learning as teaching strategies. Paper accepted and will be presented at the American Educational Communications and Technology annual conference in Jacksonville, FL.
- Yang, Y., (2014). Three questions to ask before you embark on gamification. eLearn Magazine, November 2014. Available at http://elearnmag.acm.org/archive.cfm?aid=2686999
- Yang, Y. & Bonk, C. J. (2011). Quality assurance for online programs: Roles, responsibilities, and leadership styles of higher education administrators. In H. H. Yang & S. Yuen (Eds.), Handbook of Research on Practices and Outcomes in Virtual Worlds and Environment (pp. 307-326). Hersey, PA: IGI Global.
- Yang, Y. & Durrington, V. A. (2010). Investigation of students’ perceptions of online course quality. International Journal on E-Learning, 9(3), 341-361.
- Yang, Y., & Cornelious, L. F. (2005). Preparing instructors for quality online instruction. Online Journal of Distance Learning Administration, 8(1). Available at http://www.westga.edu/%7Edistance/ojdla/spring81/yang81.htm