Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Social Studies Education
Beginning Ph. D. students can demonstrate the competencies through previous coursework in conjunction with an oral interview with social studies education faculty about that coursework. Among the courses that could demonstrate competency include those in:
- History of Social Studies Education
- Theories of Social Studies Education
- Measurement and Research Design
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Learning Theories
- Multicultural Education
- Social Foundations of Education
- Teaching and Learning
- Curriculum Theory
- International Education
- Content courses drawn from the disciplines (e.g., advanced courses in economics, history, geography, political science, etc.)
This residential program has rolling admission. Applications must be fully complete, submitted, and all application fees paid prior to the deadline in order for applications to be considered and reviewed.
July 1 is the deadline for Fall applications.
November 15 is the deadline for Spring applications.
March 15 is the deadline for Summer applications.Apply