All Indiana Instructional licensure additions require the successful completion of the required ETS Praxis content exam. Additions do not require passage of a second pedagogy test.
Adding content areas by testing alone may be completed for all licensure areas except the following content areas. The programs listed below require completion of both an approved program of coursework and testing:
- Early Childhood Generalist
- Elementary Generalist
- Special Education (mild intervention, intense intervention, *blind and low vision, and *deaf and hard of hearing)
- *Communication Disorders (requires MS in Speech Language Pathology (SLP) and SLP licensure from the Indiana Professional Licensing Agency)
- Teachers of English Learners
- High Ability
- Fine Arts (*instrumental and general music, *vocal and general music, *theater arts, and visual arts)
- Building and District-level Superintendent Administrative stand-alone license areas.
- *School Services stand-alone license areas (School Counselor, School Nurse, School Social Worker, Communication Disorders).
*Licensure program is not available at Purdue University
See more about required testing by licensure content areas.
Learn more about adding content areas to your teaching license.
General licensure inquiries and questions can be sent to email@example.com.