- Our ambassadors serve as mentors and guides for current and prospective students. They represent the college across campus and in local schools. Learn more about becoming an ambassador.
- S.E.E.D. places emphasis on recruiting underrepresented students and creating opportunities for students enrolled in teacher education programs, while promoting mentorship, partnerships and leadership with the Purdue and West Lafayette community.
- Purdue Student Education Association (PSEA)
- The Purdue Student Education Association offers opportunities for students enrolled in elementary, special, secondary, and early childhood education to learn about new trends in education, interviewing, classroom concerns, and community services. PSEA plans activities with local service agencies and schools.
- Purdue Student Education Council (PSEC)
- The Purdue Student Education council provides opportunities for students to connect to professors, local teachers and principals on more a personal level through hosted events and member meetings.
- Kappa Delta Pi (KDP)
- This organization is committed to recognizing excellence and fostering mutual cooperation, support, and professional growth for educational professionals.
- Education Organizations Board (EOB)
- Purdue Student Council for Exceptional Children (PSCEC)
- The Council for Exceptional Children is the largest international professional organization dedicated to improving education for students with disabilities and/or the gifted.
- Curriculum & Instruction Graduate Student Association (CIGSA)
- Boilers for Education
- Boilers for Education is an interdisciplinary community committed to advancing systems change in education. We explore educational innovation and equity through discussions, guest speakers and service initiatives with local schools, nonprofits, and edtech companies.
There are a number of professional organizations outside of Purdue that you can join to learn more about the teaching profession and advance your career as an educator. Membership in these groups shows employers that you’re committed to excellence in your field or subject area.
- AFT: American Federation of Teachers
- ATE: Association of Teacher Educators
- CEC: Council for Exceptional Children
- ICEE: Indiana Council for Economic Education
- ISTA: Indiana State Teachers Association
- ITEA: International Technology Education Association
- NCTE: National Council of Teachers of English
- NCTM: National Council of Teachers of Mathematics
- NEA: National Education Association